Since the begining of the war in Ukraine, we have seen a surge in the number of refugees in Germany.
As a response, we are actively on the field providing information and support for refugees seeking protection in Germany. We are working on a number of projects in cooperation with partners across the country with the sole aim of assisting the displaced and victims of the war in settling in their new-found cities.
On this page, you will see links to initiatives, information, and contact details of where you can receive support in Hamburg and cities in Germany.
We will do our best to update this information regularly.
- The Ukrainian Relief Unit advises aid workers, but especially protection seekers, in Russian and Ukrainian. You can report here 24/7. There are also job opportunities for people from Ukraine. https://hilfe-ua.de/en/
- JOB AID for Ukrainian Refugees supports people who had to leave their country by bringing jobseekers and employers together to support the integration of refugees into the European labour market and restore financial security. More here: JOB AID FOR UKRAINIAN REFUGEES – Jobs for refugees in Europe (jobaidukraine.com)
- Care4Ukraine is our initiative designed to support refugees from Ukraine. – People who have fled Ukraine. This includes persons with a Ukrainian passport and persons with permanent or temporary residence status in Ukraine, i.e. third-country nationals. Offers include Online & On-site Consultation, Information & Orientation, Advice & Counselling, Legal Support, Psychosocial Support, Supply of relief materials, Networking Events etc. More here: CARE4UKRAINE
- InBUDDY PROGRAM connects migrants, refugees and newcomers in Hamburg with buddies that support them in their everyday activities. The buddy can also assist the newcomer in organizing studies, opening a bank account, and making the necessary visits to local authorities More here: InBUDDY PROGRAM
- MALENGO UKRAINE-GERMANY PROGRAM provides mentoring and financial support for students displaced from Ukraine who want to complete a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in Germany. More here: Ukraine–Germany Program – Malengo
- Searching for accommodation in Germany? Please visit any of these websites for support:
- UHHhilft is a group supporting refugee students from Ukraine at the University of Hamburg. Their program activities are regularly conducted in German or English. Please contact the #UHHhilft for more information: #UHHhilft : Universität Hamburg (uni-hamburg.de)
- Help For Africans From Ukraine in Germany (HAUG) initiative is a coalition of African associations and individuals who have come together to help. More here: Home – HELP FOR AFRICANS FROM UKRAINE IN GERMANY (haug-initiative.com)
- On the subject of registration in Hamburg: people seeking protection can register here: Hammer Straße 32-34 in Hamburg/Wandsbek (U1 Wandsbecker Chausee stop) or Bargkoppelweg 66a, 22145 Hamburg. More information is available here: https://www.hamburg.de/informationen-fuer-gefluechtete/
- In Berlin: Please visit the Central reception facility for asylum-seekers located at Oranienburger Straße 285, 13437 Berlin-Reinickendorf.
- For more information in Berlin: Arrival: Important information for refugees from Ukraine – Berlin.de
- Free Legal Counseling Centres in Hamburg:
Flüchtlingszentrum Hamburg (fz-hh.de)
Caritasverband für Hamburg e.V. / MBE im Integrationszentrum BERGEDORF
Alte Holstenstr. 1
- Free German Language Courses:
Free German Courses For Refugees From Ukraine – DÜS Eckert (dues-eckert.com)
- In Cologne: Please contact our partner organisation for support: PAMOJA AFRIKA e.V. Pamoja | Startseite (pamojaafrika.org)
- Current regulation on visa-free entry and permitted stay in Germany: Ukraine: Until 31.08. visa-free entry & permitted stay. From 01.06. Change from AsylbLG to SGB – Berlin helps! (berlin-hilft.com)